Thursday 29 January 2015

My Legacy Project

             

      To me the most powerful experience was the christmas bureau project because it felt so good to sponser and help a family that wasn't as fortunate as us. When we went to give the presents to the family i literally had tears in my eyes when i saw the look on their faces. It was indescribable. I remember the mom was crying, she was so happy and it made me feel so good that we could do something to make someone smile. This was definitely a huge milestone for me.

      I think I have grown so much from the beginning of the semester to now because back then I would be shy and I didn't really take interest in what we did in class. But after all the amazing volunteering and different experiences we had, it really changed me as a person. I found my voice, I learned to stand up for myself and I learned that life is short and we should live it in a healthy and positive way. I've become so much more open minded to new things and I've started to volunteer alot more in our community. I've also learned to be more appreciative about things and realize that I am fortunate and blessed to be where I am today. I also found out things that I didn't know about myself before. For example I didn't know that helping someone less fortunate than me could leave such a significance in my life. 

      Im working to improve on being more of a leader rather than a follower. I'm the type of person that kind of just goes with it and doesn't say her opinion. I really want to improve on fixing that.

      I have to say that my hero would be Malala. I think Malala is such an inspiration to young women everywhere because even though she got shot in the head, she still managed to stand up for girls to have an education and she won because she followed her dream and never gave up. She is a great leader and some day I hope to be aswell.

      Overall, I really enjoyed being in this class and I hope to continue living a healthy and positive lifestyle and being a good leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment